[syslinux] Syslinux 4.04-pre14: anything missing please holler

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Mar 23 09:30:52 PDT 2011

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Gene Cumm wrote:

> Dag, did you do 'make spotless', 'make', then 'make installer'?  If I
> recall correctly, you'll need to upgrade nasm and possibly gcc and
> binutils to build from source on CentOS 5.x but I'm not sure on the
> preferred method.

Yes, using RHEL6.

Indeed, and the recommendation for distributors is not to build from
source... It may mean that I won't be able to ship a newer syslinux for
RHEL/CentOS.

> I just built a full package from source using a brand new Debian
> stable x86 install by extracting the official tar.bz2 then running the
> above 3 make commands.  At this point I'm leaning towards something
> with HPA's build box or an interaction with the build box and the
> code.  I know there are still outstanding issues on GCC 4.6 (still
> beta).

I hope we can have the official build sorted out, rather than putting the
burden on packagers. But that's easy for me to say ;-)