[syslinux] A few questions and notes

vfaj-q0gm at dea.spamcon.org vfaj-q0gm at dea.spamcon.org
Sun Mar 27 00:52:13 PDT 2011

(Using syslinux 4.02, pxelinux, and menu.c32)

1. Is it possible to make a multi-line MENU TITLE?  I tried \n
   and line continuation \ and neither worked.

2. The menu.c32 Wiki page states that the ANSI color codes are
   used for text mode.  But nothing is said about the
   foreground/background "#" codes or shadow.  I suspect they
   apply only to a graphical menu, as I didn't see any effect
   with a text menu.  The Wiki should clearly state what they
   apply to.

3. Is there a tool that would let me see the PXE boot menu at my
   desk, instead of having to go physically boot a machine to see
   it?  Using a VM is too heavyweight.  I would expect something
   in the syslinux suite or a 3rd party tool that could at least
   show the menu.c32 text menu at a [SSH] console or a graphical
   desktop.