[syslinux] Most efficient way of pxe booting windows pe

Arends, R.R. r.r.arends at hro.nl
Tue Mar 29 04:28:33 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

We are using syslinux (memdisk) and gpxe already for a while.
Also got a working winpe boot method by means of pxe. Which basicly is a dd of an 'recovery partition' where winpe.wim is on.
That method isn't really the most efficient way, cause its loaded into memory twice.

We are going to do a major windows 7 deployment soon and i'm looking for the most efficient way of booting a small winpe.
Can anyone tell me the options and what is the best and most efficient method of today into booting a winpe.wim?

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,

/reni