[syslinux] Booting Variation

j1borries at online.de j1borries at online.de
Tue Mar 29 13:08:00 PDT 2011

I did it with my usb stick. There is no partition on that stick, only a
FAT32 filesystem with 16GB. Because the default directory of syslinux is
hard codet in ldlinux.sys, you have to use a different ldlinux.sys to
use a different default directory.

1. The first syslinux is installed.
2. Copy the boot sector into a file bootsect.bs (the name must be *.bs)
3. Install the second syslinux using a different directory and this file
bootsect.bs (do not install into the real bootsector!)
4. Add an entry to the config of your first syslinux to boot the file
bootsect.bs

jb