[syslinux] Most efficient way of pxe booting windows pe

Lindgren Daniel daniel.lindgren at tullverket.se
Tue Mar 29 23:48:32 PDT 2011

> I'll second the confirmation of booting an ISO via HTTP.
> Unlike Daniel though, I had to use GRUB4DOS.  MEMDISK
> wouldn't work for some reason, though I cannot remember why :(

We're using memdisk to boot WinPE ISO images on ~15 PC models and some
server models, the magic word for us was to append "bigraw" as a
parameter to memdisk. So far that has worked on all machines we're
using.

Good to know though that GRUB4DOS (PXEGRUB?) is an option if memdisk
should start acting up.

Cheers,
Daniel