[syslinux] Nested SYSLINUX configurations -- error using CONFIG directive

Rich Mahn rich at lat.com
Wed Mar 30 06:45:17 PDT 2011

Gilles Espinasse <g.esp at free.fr> wrote:

> [...]

Ok.  I have successfully recompile 4.04-pre14.  The problem still exists.  Here's
another example:
in root:
LABEL dir1
   config dir1/config.cfg
   append dir1
LABEL non-existant dir2
   config dir2/config.cfg
   append dir2

in dir1
LABEL up
   config ../config.cfg
   append ..

directory structure:  /dir1/dir2 with no /dir2

startup syslinux in the root directory.
select dir1, menu in dir1 comes up.
selet up, menu in root comes up.

then select dir2.  menu in /dir1/dir2 comes up

somehow the "current working directory" doesn't seem to get
changed with ".." or any variant thereof.  But the config
file and the other items, such as kernel, initrd, etc come
from the correct directory