[syslinux] no kbd via serial

Greg Forte greg.forte at trueposition.com
Tue May 10 10:55:30 PDT 2011

I had an isolinux config that was working with Kontron CG2100s for
serial console with console redirection enabled in the BIOS (and
attaching via SOL through an Intel RMM3 module) - for some reason I had
to set serial port 1 instead of 0 in the config (even though the
physical port is 0, and the RMM is supposed to just be redirecting the
physical port), but it worked.

A tester on a different box (same model and configuration) that didn't
have console redirection enabled complained that they couldn't see the
boot menu; I tried changing the serial port back to 0 in the isolinux
config, and now the menu is visible, but it doesn't respond to keyboard
input (again, over SOL; I haven't tried physical serial).  This turns
out to be true (menu visible, no response to kbd) whether serial
redirection is enabled or not.

Has anyone encountered anything similar, and/or have any tips for what
else to try?

Thanks.

-g

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.