[syslinux] extlinux from syslinux 4.04 failed hard after choosing bzImage.

Piotr Karbowski piotr.karbowski at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 02:25:23 PST 2011

On 20.11.2011 01:57, Tyler Durden wrote:
> Yep, that fixes it properly, just tested. Thanks Gene!
>
> So, it seems this is a Debian bug after all. It's extlinux-update script
> populates linux.cfg file with "kernel" directives, but it should use
> "linux" instead.

I doubt that you can consider it as a debian bug, following the
syslinux.txt the LINUX is default, so I presume that KERNEL = LINUX, but
if there is .0 on the end then it acting like PXE /bzImage-3.1.0

Anyway I am happy that I can use syslinux, as it does support gpt and
booting from raid1 with metadata-1 (for some reason I can't assemble 0.9
arrays).

-- Piotr,