[syslinux] localboot in pxelinux recurses back into pxelinux then eventually crashes

Vanush Misha Paturyan misha at cs.nuim.ie
Mon Nov 21 02:54:50 PST 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:53:27 +0000 Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
<misha at cs.nuim.ie> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Is the issue reported in January by Denie Andriessen (email is below)
> has been fixed? I'm seeing the same issue with pxelinux 4.02 as
> distributed in Debian Squeeze. The network card is Broadcom with
> UNDI PXE-2.1 v2.8.5.
>
> Misha

I did some more investigation: for me the "infinite loop" starts when I
move from version 3.84 to 3.85 (and not between 3.82 and 3.83 as
reported by Denie Andriessen). Are pre-releases of 3.85 available
anywhere for download?

What other debugging steps can I take to narrow this problem down?

Misha.

--
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
Senior Technical Officer