[syslinux] localboot in pxelinux recurses back into pxelinux then eventually crashes

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 14:26:08 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 05:54, Vanush Misha <misha at cs.nuim.ie> wrote:
> I did some more investigation: for me the "infinite loop" starts when I
> move from version 3.84 to 3.85 (and not between 3.82 and 3.83 as
> reported by Denie Andriessen). Are pre-releases of 3.85 available
> anywhere for download?
>
> What other debugging steps can I take to narrow this problem down?
>
> Misha.
>

> --
> Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
> Senior Technical Officer
> Room 1.37
> Computer Science Department
> NUI Maynooth

Any chance you could try 4.04 or the current 4.05-pre release
(currently 4.05-pre6;
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/4.05/ )?
It comes precompiled so you only need to temporarily replace
pxelinux.0 and the modules you use.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/3.85/ is a
location for 3.84->3.85 prereleases.

--