[syslinux] pxelinux 4.04 - keyboard not working?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue Nov 22 09:01:30 PST 2011

Gene Cumm wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2011 5:03 AM, "Per Jessen" <per at computer.org> wrote:
>>
>> Gene Cumm wrote:

>> > Nope.
>> >
>> > 1) Could you describe the hardware?  Make/model and BIOS revision?
>>
>> HP DL380G3, bios P29.  PS/2 keyboard.
>
> Thanks.  I've seen issues occasionally with USB devices on specific
> machines.  I presume the latest BIOS rev?

I haven't checked, but I'm pretty certain that box was upgraded long
ago.

>> > 2) Are you using (vesa)menu.c32 at all?  If so, have you tried
>> > without?
>>
>> No menus, just plain text with a one line prompt.
>
> I presume no directive that changes the behavior like SERIAL or
> CONSOLE?
 > Enabled console redirection over serial in the BIOS?  Using the
> physical console or iLO?

This is the config (that works with 3.86):

serial 0 9600
default xen
prompt 1
timeout 50
say Choose normal, xen, install or memtest:

label normal

etc.

I'll try commenting out the "serial 9600" and see what happens.

/Per Jessen, Zürich