[syslinux] pxelinux 4.04 - keyboard not working?

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:09:49 PST 2011

On Nov 23, 2011 2:04 AM, "Per Jessen" <per at computer.org> wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>
> > Gene Cumm wrote:

> >> Thanks.  I've seen issues occasionally with USB devices on specific
> >> machines.  I presume the latest BIOS rev?
> >
> > I haven't checked, but I'm pretty certain that box was upgraded long
> > ago.

> >> I presume no directive that changes the behavior like SERIAL or
> >> CONSOLE?
> >  > Enabled console redirection over serial in the BIOS?  Using the
> >> physical console or iLO?
> >
> > This is the config (that works with 3.86):
> >
> > serial 0 9600
> > default xen
> > prompt 1
> > timeout 50
> > say Choose normal, xen, install or memtest:
> >
> > label normal
> >
> > etc.
> >
> > I'll try commenting out the "serial 9600" and see what happens.
>
> Didn't make a difference.  The system appears to be hung, but I can
> reboot with ctrl-alt-delete.

So the system is reponsive but the keyboard buffer is not being drained.
Are you using the precompiled binary pxelinux.0 from the binary/source
archive at kernel.org?  If not, could you try this just in case there's a
build machine-related issue?  Extracting and temporarily substituting will
suffice (no need to install or make).

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/4.xx/

--
-Gene