[syslinux] Where do we collect issues/ideas/improvements (Re: Strange behavior)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Nov 24 05:30:07 PST 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Roy Marantz wrote:

> I do believe that a nice enhancement to the open file (or file download
> code) would be for it to not try fallback extensions when a know extension
> is specified as part of the filename or at least strip the known extension
> first.  If I had an idea where to implement such a change I would send in a
> patch for that change.

Something that struck me is that often in threads on this mailinglist
suggestions/improvements are being voiced by users that die out when the
thread ends.

On one hand that is normal for the type of conversational communication
mailinglists provide, but on the other hand some projects use
(light-weight) issue-trackers or TODO files to collect such issues/ideas.

To my observation, the syslinux project could benefit from something
similar, whether it means creating a wiki page for it, using Github, or
any other means that brings similar functionality.

What do others think ?