[syslinux] Using pxelinux mboot.c32 to jumpstart a Solaris host

Wu, Johnny Johnny.Wu at kbcfp.com
Fri Oct 14 11:44:57 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to use mboot.c32 to build our Solaris machines but the problem we are getting is the network interface doesn't get configured.  It would boot in to the miniroot and then drops in to a shell.  At the shell, if I configure the interface via dhcp it would continue on with the jumpstart.

This is the first time we are using syslinux (version 4.04) and looking at the changelog since version 3.73 it supports the "-solaris" option which passes the dhcp information to the kernel.  Looking online people been having this problem since 2007.  I'm pretty sure it should be fixed by now.  Am I missing something in my config?

LABEL Oracle Solaris 10
MENU LABEL Oracle Solaris 10
KERNEL mboot.c32
APPEND -solaris img/solaris/multiboot - install http://10.12.65.4:9090/config/jumpstart/5.10/nyc/config.tar -B install_media=10.12.65.4:/fs/prod/os-build/media/5.10-i386 --- img/solaris/x86.miniroot
We are using a Windows DHCP which I'm not sure if it makes  a difference since I can get pxegrub to build the machine.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Johnny

--
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of any entity within the KBC group of companies (together referred to as "KBC").

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of KBC. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product. Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, prices at which KBC would enter into a transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC's own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past performance is not indicative of future returns.