[syslinux] Debugging memdisk loaded via pxelinux

Michael T. Davis DAVISM at ecr6.ohio-state.edu
Fri Oct 21 20:10:55 PDT 2011

	I have a USB flash drive that I'd like to image, and then load that
image via pxelinux and memdisk.  The flash drive was formatted under
Windows 98 SE as FAT, and boots just fine on its own.  The PXE boot process
gets as far as loading the image via memdisk, but then when the boot process
switches over to the RAM disk, it fails:

 [...PXE diagnostic information...]

 Invalid system disk
 Replace the disk, and then press any key

Aside from re-keying all the information I can see on the PXE client/target
identified as "[...PXE diagnostic information...]", is there some way to log
this data so that I can cite it here?

	My DHCP/tftpd server is tftpd32 from tftpd32.jounin.net, running under
Windows XP Pro SP3.  I'm using a distribution of syslinux v4.0.4 (from which I
obtained pxelinux.0 and memdisk) I found via Google (since the syslinux site
is down).

Regards,
Mike