[syslinux] Unable to write mbr using syslinux.exe

asha sathurappan asha.here at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 22:32:04 PDT 2011

Hi,

I tried to use the syslinux.exe (version 4.04) to make my usb drive bootable. When i run the syslinux.exe with the respective options I get this error

"Accessing physical drive: The request is not supported. Did not successfully update the MBR; continuing..."

I have administrator privilege and I started cmd prompt with "Run as Administrator" option too. I tried the win64 syslinux version. I tried formatting my usb drive. I also tired with different usb flash drives (new ones). I also tried to disable the UAC in windows 7.  I still get the error.

System Properties:

Notebook model: Lenova T410
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU
RAM: 4GB
BIOS version/date: Lenova 6IET74WW(1.34),10/25/2010
SMBIOS version: 2.6

Please advise!

Best regards,
Asha