[syslinux] Syslinux 5.00-pre1 preview release

Paulo Alcantara pcacjr at zytor.com
Mon Apr 9 20:11:54 PDT 2012

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 12:59:51PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> elflink shouldn't really be using core/ui.inc at all...
>
> 	-hpa

Ok. The problem with core/ui.inc being used in core/pxelinux.asm is that
PXELINUX is hanging on any code in core/ui.inc.

I think core/ui.inc must be used in core/pxelinux.asm because it declares some
variables that are used in core/fs/pxe.c (e.g: IPOption, IPAppends, etc). Or
maybe we shouldn't declare them in core/ui.inc - instead declare them in
core/pxelinux.asm.

I could add some code in core/pxelinux.asm to remove the dependency of
core/ui.inc and then we don't need to include it anymore.

--
-Paulo