[syslinux] Syslinux search for config file

Tomas M tomas at slax.org
Wed Aug 29 12:42:46 PDT 2012

Well it doesn't have to search through the entire drive, it may be
first level of directories, or up to second level.

By the way, what "security properties" do you have in mind?
I can't think of any "security problem" at all - even the file it
searches for doesn't have to be syslinux.cfg or any such common name,
which could ( I agree ) lie somewhere on disk unintentionally and we
surely never want it to be used for boot. We could create a special
unique name to make sure that IF such file is on a drive, then we will
CERTAINLY wish syslinux to find it and use it as configuration file.
For example slnxauto.cfg or slnxfind.me

Tomas M