[syslinux] 5.00pre12 cat.c32 display

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 07:28:01 PST 2012

> On Sun, 2012-12-02 at 16:51 +0200, Ady wrote:
> > Tested again, this time using real hardware (UFD).
>
> Please send me, as attachments, the config files that allow you to
> reproduce your cat.c32 bug. Do not paste them in email. I'm wondering
> whether the bug has something to do with DOS line endings.

I am attaching a zip file containing the cfg file and the text file
to be used with cat.c32. Hopefully attaching them as zip file they
won't be affected by any email-related encoding.

MD5 for the zip file:
 471b9c77da02e31daa9c5ddeb579c3f1

> > Version 4.06 in real HW behaves _exactly_ as described before under
> > VM. Version 5.00pre12 behaves worse than before: I get to the boot
> > prompt, but my keyboard doesn't react at all.
>
> Can you see any characters that you type? e.g. are they echo'd to the
> screen?

No echo with 5.00-pre12 in real HW. The keyboard doesn't respond at
all (not even caps lock) when booting with 5.00-pre12 in real UFD. I
get to the Syslinux boot prompt, and even ctrl+alt+del won't work.

The same HW (PC, UFD connected to same USB port, same BIOS settings)
and same cfg and txt files were used for 4.06 (only difference was
cat.c32, and ldlinux.sys installed with syslinux.exe from 4.06
version), and the keyboard worked. The behavior for 4.06 was the same
as when using 4.06 in VM.

TIA,
Ady