[syslinux] ISOLINUX 5.00pre13 INCLUDE directive problem

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:19:35 PST 2012

In 5.00pre13, the following set of cfg files is not parsed as
expected.

   ***  common.cfg START ***
UI menu.cfg
# HERE WE ADD DEFAULT COMMON DIRECTIVES
# For example we set colors for the menu.

   ***  common.cfg END ***

   ***  syslinux.cfg START ***
INCLUDE common.cfg
LABEL hello
COM32 hello.c32

   ***  syslinux.cfg END ***

Then ISOLINUX reads "syslinux.cfg", but it doesn't find "DEFAULT" nor
"UI" directives.

In 4.06, the content of "common.cfg" line is also considered because
of the "[MENU] INCLUDE common.cfg" line.

So, in 4.06 the above set of cfg files is accepted and effectively
used, but in 5.00pre13 it isn't.

The problem might be seen in other Syslinux variants too, but I
haven't tested them for this case.

TIA,
Ady