[syslinux] Illegal Opcode,the 2.

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 21:57:53 PST 2012

On 12/5/2012 21:17, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 12/05/2012 02:43 PM, Shao Miller wrote:
>>
>> Please don't worry about the MBR, as I think I've found the bug.
>>
>> Could you please confirm whether or not Syslinux 4.00 works on this HP?
>>

> Do share what your suspicion is?

Nope. :)  I had miscalculated a value, actually.

Fred, please _do_ try the MBR test, if that's all right. :)  Sorry about
that.

More questions for you:

Has _anything_ever_ worked for booting on this HP RAID?  If so, what?

Have you tried the DOS Syslinux installer, since you are installing to
FAT16?  If not, would you be willing to?

Could you possibly share the output of the following commands, given the
"cciss" driver?

   $ blockdev --getbsz /dev/cciss/c0d0
   $ dd if=/dev/cciss/c0d0 count=1 | hexdump -C
   $ dd if=/dev/cciss/c0d0p1 count=1 | hexdump -C

- Shao Miller