[syslinux] Syslinux 5.00 released

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Thu Dec 6 15:30:00 PST 2012

Op 7-12-2012 0:17, H. Peter Anvin schreef:

> You also need to copy libutil_com.c32, since menu.c32 depends on it;
> that is what the error message is trying to tell you.
>
> In general, unless you have a reason *not* to install all the .c32
> files, it is probably a good idea.

Thanks for indicating the fix and mentioning the file-dependancy. This
long filename "libutil_com.c32" means I'll stick to SYSLINUX 4.06 as I'd
like to be able to create my FreeDOS CD from DOS (mkisofs/genisoimage)
thus being stuck to a subset of 8.3 names for files and directories
exchanged between FAT and ISO9660 level 1 filesystems (so no VFAT nor
Joliet).

Looking forward to see 5.xx / 6.xx-pre series in distro's like
PartedMagic :)

with best regards,

Bernd Blaauw