[syslinux] pxelinux: unable to boot from local disk

Vanush Paturyan misha at cs.nuim.ie
Mon Dec 10 10:31:32 PST 2012

On 10 Dec 2012, at 17:46, Bernd Blaauw wrote:

> Op 10-12-2012 17:57, Sven Geggus schreef:
>
>> Yes, works fine using this workaround.
>
> 'localboot' directive most likely was eliminated in 5.xx series as chain.c32 is lots more flexible.

Not sure localboot should be eliminated, I think "proper" behavior should still be handing control back to BIOS, instead of chainloading another hard drive (unless Bios itself cannot find or boot from them?) But sometimes getting control back to BIOS does not work anymore.

Misha.

---
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
Senior Technical Officer