[syslinux] pxelinux: unable to boot from local disk

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:43:17 PST 2012

On 12/10/2012 11:57, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Vanush Misha Paturyan <misha at cs.nuim.ie> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using "chain.c32" instead of LOCALBOOT (as suggested by
>> Pascal Legrand in
>> http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2012-May/017586.html) as a workaround?
>
> Not up to now.
>
>> LABEL BootNormal
>> MENU LABEL Boot local
>> MENU DEFAULT
>> COM32 chain.c32
>> APPEND hd0
>
> Yes, works fine using this workaround.

I have had the 'LOCALBOOT' versus 'chain.c32' issue with Dell for a long
time; some models work with one and some with the other.

But what was the actual error message?  Having the actual error message
would mean the ability to find it in the source code and see why it
might be produced.

Another question: Did any version of PXELINUX ever behave any
differently with this T1600 model, or has only PXELINUX 5.00 been tried?
  (The same question as "Is this a regression for Syslinux 5.00?")

- Shao Miller