[syslinux] Syslinux 5 Path Option.

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:05:53 PST 2012

> I'm not seeing how to set this path option?
> Here is what I get using vesamenu.c32 as an example when
> moved to a directory outside of the build. The current syslinux
> 4.06 has all the files in the same directory which is at the root of
> the cd.

_If_ :
initial installation directory =  current working directory = where
all the cfg files are located = where all the *.c32 files are located

then you are not supposed to need the PATH directive. At least, not
in theory. The practice may still be a different thing.

> So where does one modify this new PATH setting?

This is a new directive. All directives are set in respective
configuration files for each Syslinux variant (syslinux.cfg,...). I
would suggest to take a look at syslinux.txt from the Syslinux
official archive. If you haven't yet read the whole email thread
about 5.00 *.c32 dependencies, I would suggest to take a look at it.

> Is the version 5.00 actually released released, or is it just released
> for developers to play with.

Since you are in doubt, let's put it this way: is there any reason
for you to use 5.00 and not 4.06?

Regards,
Ady.