[syslinux] Syslinux 5 Path Option.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Tue Dec 11 00:17:55 PST 2012

On 11 Dec 2012 at 0:52, Shao Miller wrote:

Date sent:      	Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:52:10 -0500
From:           	Shao Miller <sha0.miller at gmail.com>
To:             	"Michael D. Setzer II"
<mikes at kuentos.guam.net>
Copies to:      	For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa
<syslinux at zytor.com>
Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] Syslinux 5 Path Option.

> On 12/10/2012 21:55, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> > I'm not seeing how to set this path option?
>
> It was mentioned in the announcement e-mail that Matt Fleming authored
> and that Ady recently referred to.  It is documented in
> doc/syslinux.txt.

Thanks. I see that the Path goes in the config file rather than as
part of the build. But not sure how that is going to modify the hard
coded ../../com32 paths?

> > Here is what I get using vesamenu.c32 as an example when
> > moved to a directory outside of the build. The current syslinux 4.06
> > has all the files in the same directory which is at the root of the
> > cd.
> >
> > ldd vesamenu.c32
> >
> > linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb77c5000)
> > ../../com32/libutil/libutil_com.c32 => not found
> > ../../com32/lib/libcom32.c32 => not found
> >

> So if we forget about linux-gate.so.1 for a moment, it seems that
> you've identified two files that vesamenu.c32 depends on.  On the
> media you're trying to actually boot, which directory is vesamenu.c32
> in?  Which directory/directories are these two files in?

With the current build all the syslinux files and .c32 files are
placed in a directory called isolinux that becomes the root
directory of the cd.  So, all files are together with no paths.

> > Is the version 5.00 actually released released, or is it just
> > released for developers to play with.
>
> It seems to be a release for all users and not just a development
> version.
>
> - Shao Miller

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        13416295.233487   |   EINSTEIN     9305112.319852
ROSETTA      5539904.166756   |   ABC         15581177.139740