[syslinux] pxelinux: unable to boot from local disk

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:01:49 PST 2012

On 12/11/2012 07:15, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Shao Miller <sha0.miller at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to determine the precise error message, so it could
>> be searched-for in the Syslinux source code?
>
> Boot failed: press a key to retry, or wait for reset...

Thanks.  I found that in the source code, but also found it a bit
difficult to trace the processing of the directive by PXELINUX.

The NEWS file seems to indicate something under the 4.04 changes which
might be relevant.  Maybe its suggestion is worth a try, too.  It seems
the documentation might be better with an adjustment, because of this.

- Shao Miller