[syslinux] Syslinux 5 (i)pxelinux.0 unnecessary PATH requests

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:17:06 PST 2012

On 12/12/2012 10:48, Arends, R.R. wrote:

> good idea, but imho this still involves in making extra requests to the backend and rather 'hacky' chain->chain->chain stuff to make it harder to understand for my fellow cowokers.
>
> if anyone can point me to the right source files to edit and hardcode the path, i would really appreciate it. i know thats also hacky, but thats easy to do since we already have some custom patches which we always apply.

As mentioned elsethread, you are overriding the path by using 210.  That
is to say, you are setting the current working directory.  The current
working directory is used for opening files with relative paths (in a
few different operating systems, even).  If you don't want to do this,
don't do it. :)

Otherwise, you could try hacking away at the
com32/lib/sys/module/common.c file and the findpath() function and find
out if that helps you for your _post_-ldlinux.c32 phase, and simply
hard-code the LDLINUX macro in core/elflink/load_env32.c for the
pre-ldlinux.c32 phase.

- Shao Miller