[syslinux] Upgraded to Syslinux 5.00 - Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Paulo Alcantara pcacjr at zytor.com
Tue Dec 18 20:02:35 PST 2012

Igor Sverkos <igor.sverkos at googlemail.com> writes:

> I discovered something new:
>
> When I rename /boot/extlinux to /boot/syslinux, everything is working.
>
> Does Syslinux 5 not support /boot/extlinux anymore
> (http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/EXTLINUX, 2)?

In generic_open_config (at core/fs/lib/loadconfig.c), there is a string
that contains the paths "/boot/syslinux", "/syslinux" and "/" - so I'd
say that Syslinux won't be able to open your configure file from the path
"/boot/extlinux".

Is there any reason to not support it anymore ? Or am I missing something
here and it should have not ever be supported before ?

--
Paulo Alcantara,    ProFUSION Embedded Systems