[syslinux] Upgraded to Syslinux 5.00 - Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Igor Sverkos igor.sverkos at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 02:15:44 PST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-12-19 05:02, Paulo Alcantara wrote:
> In generic_open_config (at core/fs/lib/loadconfig.c), there is a string
> that contains the paths "/boot/syslinux", "/syslinux" and "/" - so I'd
> say that Syslinux won't be able to open your configure file from the path
> "/boot/extlinux".
>
> Is there any reason to not support it anymore ? Or am I missing something
> here and it should have not ever be supported before ?

>From what I understand, loadconfig.c is right. It wasn't changed since
4.0x. The comment also indicate, that it isn't missing a path. Seems
like "/boot/extlinux" was supported via "install path".

When calling "extlinux --install /custom/path" you will see, that the
generated "ldlinux.sys" will contain the specified path.

I think that renaming is working for me, because of the fall back path
in loadconfig.c.

So I think there must be a bug somewhere else, that not every component
is aware of the custom path?

Igor