[syslinux] Upgraded to Syslinux 5.00 - Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 03:38:49 PST 2012

> When calling "extlinux --install /custom/path" you will see, that the
> generated "ldlinux.sys" will contain the specified path.
>
> I think that renaming is working for me, because of the fall back path
> in loadconfig.c.
>
> So I think there must be a bug somewhere else, that not every component
> is aware of the custom path?

Since the error message is about ldlinux.c32 not being found, this
should indicate that ldlinux.sys is found correctly. Thus, the
problem seems to be related to the paths where ldlinux.sys expects to
find ldlinux.c32.

Since this is also a raid setup, two questions come to mind. Where
you using the "--raid" parameter when preforming the installation?
(You mentioned the parameter in one paragraph before, but you skipped
it on every other mention of the installation command, so I wonder if
you actually used it every time when performing the installation or
an update).

Also, could you check whether ldlinux.c32 was effectively indeed
installed in both raid disks? I wonder if the installer is the one
not installing ldlinux.c32 correctly in a raid system.