[syslinux] Upgraded to Syslinux 5.00 - Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Igor Sverkos igor.sverkos at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:10:37 PST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-12-19 13:44, Paulo Alcantara wrote:
> If either Peter or Matt feels that "/boot/extlinux" should be supported,
> here goes a patch that adds such support:
>
> Add "/boot/extlinux" path to be looked up when finding ldlinux.c32 and
> Syslinux config files.
>
> [...]

Well, your patch will work in my situation, but I think your solution is
wrong:

Remember that the documentation says, that you can install sys/extlinux
in whatever subdirectory you want. For example "/boot/myBootloader"
should also work.

Your solution would require, that if you want any custom path, that you
have to patch... that sounds wrong to me.

So I think we need clarification if a custom subdirectory should still
be supported in syslinux v5. If yes, there is somewhere a bug. If not,
the setup should offer this option and documentation needs an update.

Igor