[syslinux] Syslinux Mem= greater than 4096M

Kevin Sullivan ksullaustin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 19:48:26 PST 2012

Hi Shao,

I have several boot options, but here is one example:

LABEL less
    MENU LABEL Up to 64 GB System RAM
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz-3.1.10-b1
    APPEND pci=nommconf vga=773 mem=256M initrd=/boot/initrd-3.1.10-b1.img

This boots a Linux kernel that can only "see" 256 MB.  If I set mem=4097 or
greater, I get the error message.