[syslinux] Syslinux Mem= greater than 4096M

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Feb 6 10:39:16 PST 2012

On 02/06/2012 09:28 AM, Paul Bolle wrote:

> 1) So there should be a wraparound for (in this case) options of "4096M"
> and higher.
>
> 2) Not sure if this can explain all effects mentioned in this thread so
> far, though.

Yes, there is definitely a wraparound.  The other effects are pretty
much indicated by the fact that his use of mem= is not safe across a
hole (which he has at the top of 4G); this is why he should be using
memmap= instead and why I haven't really bothered dealing with the mem=
wraparound on Syslinux.