[syslinux] two automatic options for extlinux

Wolfgang Scheller wolfgang.scheller at arcormail.de
Mon Feb 13 18:22:01 PST 2012

Dear syslinux maintainer,
on a tablet pc with only a touchpad is during boot time no keyboard
exist and therefore no user intervention possible to control the
behavior of a bootmanager extlinux in my case.
The machine is able to boot from a second drive a another as the default
OS  and so I think it must be potential at first time extlinux via menu
to instruct, to boot from such a drive. If this boot fails eg. the media
is not bootable or is not inserted, (card reader and/or USB Stick) the
second option must be, to boot automatic without user intervention from
the machines internal drive the default main OS.
Study the extlinux manual gave me no idea to realize such a menu for
extlinux and I hope now to get a guidance from syslinux experts that
solve this problem.
Sorry for my bad english because for most of this words I used a dictonary.

Yours faithfully
Wolfgang Scheller