[syslinux] PXELINUX 4.10-pre17 and newer Dell OptiPlex/Latitude/Precision

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:58:54 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 09:21, Christoph Hanle
<christoph.hanle at leinpfad.de> wrote:
> On 05.02.2012 14:54 Gene Cumm wrote:
>
>>> Hi Gene,
>>> have you found any news about this issue ?
>>> and can you please send me a list of systems which cause the trouble in
>>> your
>>> environment.
>>>
>>> bye
>>> Christoph
>>

>> Unfortunately, nothing yet.  The issues I've noticed appear to be
>> different from yours but troubleshooting is likely to start the same
>> way.
>>

> OK,
> but I have still no issues.
> I am in the testing process of switching from gpxe to pxe over http.
> We have a lot of Optiplex 760 and other newer Dell PCs and laptops to
> process, so i have also the possibilty ( or the need) of investigation.

So the first and only two packets that I see come in are a broadcast
ARP packet and an ARP reply for the local gateway.  After this, no
other received packets get into the stack.  It looks like the next
thing that may be best is to force the polling as it seems impossible
to reliably query the PXE stack's status.

--
-Gene