[syslinux] tftp with pxelinux.0 from syslinux 4.10-pre17

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 04:40:33 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 02:53, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> on Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:55:00 -0500:
>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 12:19, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
>> > Let me know what to do and I will test it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.  I'll probably send a binary and/or diff.
>
> Added some debug output myself...
> Looks like try_load() is called and system hangs in call16().

So core/fs/pxe/pxe.c pxe_load_config() calls try_load() which calls
call16() to go back to the real mode core code which eventually gets
into the lwip code.

git://github.com/geneC1/syslinux.git lwip-undiif-debug

This is what I used to debug the VMware platform issue.  The diff from
85c4ef2e is attached (which will apply cleanly to the top of the lwip
branch) so you can have your choice of using patch or git-remote.

--
-Gene