[syslinux] tftp with pxelinux.0 from syslinux 4.10-pre17

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:47:13 PST 2012

On Jan 2, 2012 9:34 AM, "Christian Hesse" <list at eworm.de> wrote:

> Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> on Mon, 2 Jan 2012 07:40:33 -0500:
> > On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 02:53, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> > > Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> on Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:55:00 -0500:

> > > Added some debug output myself...
> > > Looks like try_load() is called and system hangs in call16().
> >
> > So core/fs/pxe/pxe.c pxe_load_config() calls try_load() which calls
> > call16() to go back to the real mode core code which eventually gets
> > into the lwip code.
> >
> > git://github.com/geneC1/syslinux.git lwip-undiif-debug
> >
> > This is what I used to debug the VMware platform issue.  The diff from
> > 85c4ef2e is attached (which will apply cleanly to the top of the lwip
> > branch) so you can have your choice of using patch or git-remote.
>
> gcc complains abaut unused variables and some more... Had to remoce "-Werror"
> from mk/devel.mk - hope that is ok.
>
> The log from serial is attached.

The log is about 1/10th the size it should be.  Edit line 62 of
core/Makefile which should read "# CFLAGS	+= -DDEBUG=1" to be
"CFLAGS	+= -DDEBUG=1" then run 'make spotless; make' which will clean
things up and rebuild in a true debug build.  Hopefully we don't need
DEBUG=2 which is even bigger.

--
-Gene