[syslinux] some issues with modules/syslinux

Paul Bolle pebolle at tiscali.nl
Mon Jan 16 03:29:02 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 00:28 +0100, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
> * is there a working version of memdisk.c32 [http://reboot.pro/14468/] ?
When I tried to look at it I encountered an error page (stating that I
"do not have permission to view this attachment"). Are you allowed and
able to upload that file (and, preferably, its source) somewhere more
public?

> COM32 modules seem to be version-dependant and trying this with 4.05
> ended up with "not a COM32R image" so I guess it's written for 4.04.
I only recall running into that problem by loading pre 4.xx modules (ie,
3.86 or earlier) with 4.xx+ syslinux (see
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Common_Problems#Modules for some
background).

Paul Bolle