[syslinux] PXE Question(s)

Christoph Hanle christoph.hanle at leinpfad.de
Sat Jan 28 00:21:58 PST 2012

Hi Chris,
for getting your problen resolved it will be helpfull to know your
tftp-root structure, your pxelinux.cfg folder structure and your default
file.

I see three possible sources of error:
your DHCP / TFTPD settings are wrong,
your pxelinux settings are wrong
your TCP/IP boot disk causes problems.

If you are not famillar with Ubuntu, do your initial tests on a WinXP or
Win7 machine with tftpd32. You will get proper logs by default and later
on you can move the tftp root folder 1:1 to any other server.

bye
Christoph