[syslinux] tftp-hpa enhancement

Mickey Malone mickey.malone at me.com
Sun Jan 29 15:49:26 PST 2012

hpa,

Attached is the patch file that moves most of the info/error messages to stderr. If - is ever given
at the end of a get command, we will assume stdout instead of a file.

This only works if - is used with -c.

If it is ever used without -c, then - is the file name keeping the same functionality that exists today.

This is how it would be used:
tftp -m binary 127.0.0.1 69 -c get initramfs - | gzip -dc | cpio -id

It can be tested by getting the same file using both methods and running a checksum against them:
tftp -m binary 127.0.0.1 69 -c get testfile file1
tftp -m binary 127.0.0.1 69 -c get testfile - > file2

md5sum file1 && md5sum file2

Pass: if they match.

--
Mickey