[syslinux] New antispam measures on the wiki

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Jul 21 10:23:20 PDT 2012

It is by now clear that a handful of persistent spammers have started
using semiautomated attacks targeted specifically at our wiki ... one
careless spammer even uploaded some of his scripts!

As a result, I have switched the wiki to a mode where editors need to be
explicitly authorized, manually, before they can edit.  As a result,
people will need to first create an account, and then get a Sysop to add
them to the Editors group manually.

I have tried to already add everyone I could find who had made useful
edits in the past (just over 40 accounts worth), but it is pretty much
guaranteed I missed some, so if you find your account is blocked please
let us know and we'll fix it.

Hopefully this should eliminate the spam problem for good.  Sorry to
have to go to this level.