[syslinux] New antispam measures on the wiki

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 22 20:09:23 PDT 2012

> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:23:20 -0700
> From: hpa at zytor.com
> To: syslinux at zytor.com
> Subject: [syslinux] New antispam measures on the wiki
>
> It is by now clear that a handful of persistent spammers have started
> using semiautomated attacks targeted specifically at our wiki ...
> As a result, I have switched the wiki to a mode where editors need to be
> explicitly authorized, manually, before they can edit. As a result,
> people will need to first create an account, and then get a Sysop to add
> them to the Editors group manually.
> -hpa
Suggestion:
 http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Anti-spam_features
One additional suggestion would be: next time you (hpa) are not going to be able to take a look at the wiki for several days (holidays for example), it could probably be worth just temporarily closing the option for new wiki accounts, until you get back :).