[syslinux] Unsubscribed indeed moderated WAS:Pxechn.c32

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Fri Jun 1 23:25:31 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 06:30:47AM -0400, Gene Cumm wrote:
> 0) In case someone else has insight or searches later, I'd like to have
> this on list.  Some clients may work better with reply all.  If you're not
> on the list yet, I believe the posts by unsubscribed addresses are
> moderated.

Indeed, unsubscribed E-mail address wait for human approval before they
go to all of us, the mailinglist subscribers.

I do my best to keep the moderation delay short. That means that an even
only slightly syslinux (or tftp-hpa) related message gets granted to get
through. My critiria for "only slightly related to this ML" is simple:
"that is surely not spam".

When I feel the need for it and my personal time has room for it, I take
the effort to inform the poster what is going on  ( discussion slows down,
manual intervention needed, that is it a spam defence )

The moderation of unsubscribers is mostly discarding spam. My reason
for doing this donkey task, is taking some of the workload from hpa,
so to the benefit of the project.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.