[syslinux] Help

Brandon Aho Brandon.Aho at northerntool.com
Tue Jun 5 10:31:15 PDT 2012

I'm trying to build a new server which is an IBM e-server x3550 M3.  I get the server to boot to PXE and am getting the following.
Bnx2: Can't load firmware file bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1.fw
Bnx2 0000:0b:00.0: PCI INT A disabled
Bnx2: probe of 000:0b:00.0 failed with error -2
Bnx2 000:0b:00.1 PCI Int B -> GSI 40 (level, low) -> IRQ

Bnx2: Can't load firmware file "bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1.fw"
Bnx2 0000:0b:00.1: PCI INT B disabled
Bnx2: probe of 000:0b:00.1 failed with error -2 ...done loading bnx2 (module bnx2 already loaded) ***Now that we have loaded the modules (maybe), let's try DHCP
***eth0 not found
***eth1 not found
***eth2 not found
Failed to obtain DHCP lease
*** Dropping to shell
Bash-4.1#
Bash-4.1#

I can see that when the server loads and that it grabs an IP address and I can see that in our TFTP server as well.

Thanks for the help,

Brandon

Brandon Aho
Retail Systems Manager