[syslinux] Help

Vanush Misha Paturyan misha at cs.nuim.ie
Tue Jun 5 10:58:41 PDT 2012

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 17:28:21 +0000 Brandon Aho
<Brandon.Aho at northerntool.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build a new server which is an IBM e-server x3550 M3.
> I get the server to boot to PXE and am getting the following. Bnx2:
> Can't load firmware file bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1.fw

You need to add the firmware files to the appropriate initrd image.
This is not a pxelinux/syslinux issue, and there are different ways of
doing it depending on the Linux distribution you are using. Have you
already installed the Linux on the server and only trying to boot off
the network or are you trying to boot into the installation media?

Misha

--
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
Senior Technical Officer