[syslinux] Syslinux 4.10-pre20

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:26:21 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 02:33:10AM -0700, Shantanu Gadgil wrote:
>> On Thu, 5/31/12, Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:

>> It doesn't work for me yet; I am attaching the tcpdump of the client
>> machine trying to boot.  Client's MAC is '00:26:b9:7c:6c:20'
>>
>> The pxelinux is 4.10-pre22 with the patch provided by HPA.
>> I did 'make spotless and make clean' as told by HPA.
>
> FWIW  the pcap file shows half[0] of the "DHCP handshake" and
> the full TFTP transmission of the pxelinux.0
> Then a nice gratious ARP from the client.
> All followed by silence ...

I noticed this too and wondered if perhaps there's more.  I prefer to
use a hub or switch-based port mirroring for these captures as it
ensures any packet that flows through the target interface is
captured.

For your Dell OptiPlex 960, could you tell us the versions of the
BIOS?  It looks like the Intel(R) Boot Agent GE (1.3.78 (C)2011 per
pictures) hasn't been updated in Dell's images at all since 2010 which
doesn't make sense.

--
-Gene