[syslinux] Problem booting Fujitsu Amilo Xa 2528

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Wed Jun 20 01:39:02 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have encountered problems while trying to test our live CD/USB project
on a Fujitsu Amilo Xa 2528. When trying to boot from USB, I get
"isolinux.bin missing or corrupt". I tried various usb drives, all of
them boot just fine on many other machines.

The image written to the usb drive is a isohybrid image, could that be
the problem? It was created using Syslinux 4.05. Are there known
problems with isohybrid and particular buggy BIOS'/machines?

Thanks,
Andreas