[syslinux] multiple ".." support

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:12:05 PDT 2012

> > I have a request. Since v4.04, SYSLINUX supports one ".." in relative paths. It also supports multiple "../", only if the relative path ends with a specific directory, as in "../../otherdirectory/".
> >
> > Is it possible to expand this support to multiple "../" in SYSLINUX?
> >
> > BTW, ISOLINUX already supports this type of relative paths.
> >
> > The rest of this message gives more details and examples.
> >

> OK, this sounds like a bug. From your description I presume this is
> specific to CONFIG/APPEND?
>
> -hpa

I haven't tested other directives regarding this issue; only CONFIG+APPEND, using several versions from 4.03 up to 4.06-pre6, and using many different paths. I also tried config.c32, but with the same results. Although the specific result changed in 4.04 (because of the support for one "../" and for "../../otherdirectory/") it is still not the intended base directory (when using SYSLINUX), as my "EXAMPLE C" shows.

If needed, I could upload one floppy image with the examples I presented in my previous message.

If there is some other directive or any method for me to test whether this is specific to CONFIG or otherwise a general SYSLINUX issue, please let me know.

I'll be waiting for some new testing version to repeat my tests with different paths.

TIA.