[syslinux] multiple ".." support

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 16:54:16 PDT 2012

> OK, I found the root cause; it affects FAT only. I just checked in a
> fix into git and will push out a -pre10 later today.
>
> > So the issue still persists in v.4.06-pre9, AND the Windows-based SYSLINUX installer doesn't work.
>
> Could you give more details on that?

If with "that" you are asking about "the Windows-based SYSLINUX installer doesn't work", I can only repeat what I already wrote in a previous message:

 [quote]

With 4.06-pre9 I tried using the win32 SYSLINUX installer:

  syslinux.exe -i -d \boot\syslinux\ a:

and I received an error:

 invalid media signature (not an FAT/NTFS volume?)

Using the exact same method with v.4.06-pre7 the installer works (but of course the CONFIG+APPEND issue is still present in 4.06-pre7).

 [/quote]

I also tried similar command lines to install SYSLINUX v.4.06-pre9 on "a:" under Windows, and repeated the commands with v4.06-pre7.The installation command line worked with v.4.06-pre7 at every attempt, but failed with v.4.06-pre9. As also mentioned before, the Linux-based SYSLINUX installer successfully installed ldlinux.sys on "a:", but in all cases the original "APPEND ../../" issue is still present.

I'm not sure which additional info about "that" I could provide, so please let me know if you need more info.

TIA.